10.15.2007

I hear The Hives come out tomorrow.


(The date on this picture confirms that this show happened in the future, you are reading the past.)

Lost my red earring on the plane. Stupid airport people did not search throughly. It was right in my blanket!

Ate Chick-fil-A for lunch, but wanted a Rueban sandwich at Arby's. No sour crout.

Had an interview with the Hampton's weekly newspaper. My interviewer was so nervous and shy. He was really sweet. I talked too much too.

Our sound check turned into a performance. Students came out from their rooms to watch.

Did the university's radio station, 89.1fm. I got asked some really personal questions. She was a Redskins fan.

Found out Hampton and Howard are rivals. I must make them friends.

Ate more Chick-fil-A.

Went to hotel room to talk to lawyers about deals and such... AHHHH!

No rest.

During the real show, I almost missed my "I-I-I-I-I'm a" part because of the toilet paper falling in the wet toilet. I refused to have that experience touch me. Had to find dry paper... no more details.

Ran on stage without my cumberband on and jacket unbottoned. hilarious.

Kellis and Pete were laughing more on this show, pretty comforting.

Mitch, I am sad I couldn't read your imaginary post yesterday.;(

Stage dived for the first time and they actually caught me (pics will come later).

Hung out with and meet some of my uber-cool supporters. Someone was even dressed like Cindi Mayweather. (Check my Facebook page)

The majority of these intelligent creatures knew the words and sang them louder than the sound system.

The sound system, another story.

After the show, went out with two high school friends from Kansas. The whole time I was thinking, "Were not in Kansas anymore." (crowd laughs)

The clubs were a bit ancient. It was like a museum. The WAS was ready to jet after "Guess who's back, back again"-Eminem came on.

Went to a Ne-Yo party and talked to Debra Lee (BET). I wanted to really tell her how I felt, but she kept talking about my outfit. I guess we'll meet again?

Performed at Hampton University this weekend.

Ate at Waffle House and witnessed a ignorant black man in his element. Lots of yelling at the waitresses, calling people not cool for listening to "Hey Ya!" by Andre 3000, and calling someone Terrence Trent Darby. He is headed for danger. There is hope for a "walking dead" man I'm certain. A woman had her toddler in there.

I don't think I will ever go outside my hotel and Hampton University if I am ever back there. It was like being in the Twilight Zone and I only visit Metropolis.

Thanks Crystal Sessoms and all who made it possible for me to come and share my art. This was my first block party and I will never forget the energy from the crowd, the dancing in the cold, the mic stand coming apart, you and the police chasing me after the show, and so much other stuff that I am choosing to leave out.

Make sure you are there.

Was my job done? Well, I am never done working, but I am certain at least one person is really living now.

Sincerely Jane.

I am getting sick. Howard University is this week. Will I kick this little bug?

Off to listening to the tune N8 Wonder and I worked on last night. The chord changes he wrote made me cry. Suite II is gonna be a tough song picker.

Where is my nephew?

4 Comments:

At October 15, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Dot Techno Mania said...

Damn! I'm tryna cry too. I'd have a ball going through Nate's chord charts.
That sounds like the funest thing ever. If you think you saw the twilight zone there...Come to Sleepytown, Washington. WHOA!

 
At October 16, 2007 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

1. Man, I wish I could've had you come to my school when I was in undergrad. They only had them lil funky bands (no talent) when I was there.

2. About the toilet paper: EEEWWWWW!!! I really try to avoid public restrooms AT ALL COSTS. Seriously, I'll hold it.

3. Can't wait to see the stage-diving pics. Fun!

4. Would've loved to be a fly-on-the-wall if you had had that conversation with Debra Lee.

Hope you feel better! Sickness sucks. :(

 
At October 16, 2007 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like I missed a treat!

All the Chick-Fil-A grub, that is.

I'm sure the show was fun, too. ;-) j/k

Sickness does suck. Feel better, I command thee.

 
At October 16, 2007 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Mitchell, a Martian said...

Janelle, on the Hives website you can download 6 songs, but it says their full album doesn't come out until November, sis. What gives!? You're all wet! What a maroon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home