10.03.2007

Feeling Good


Birds flying high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel. Breeze drifting on by, you know how I feel. Reeds driftin' on by, you know how I feel. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me. And I'm feeling good- Michael Bublé I love Michael Bublé & this song. I am not ashamed to say it. That is, at least, until one day I was singing it around Bam Bam and she stated that she loved the Nina Simone version. So I decided to take a listen. Now, anyone that knows me, knows that I am a great Michael Bublé fan. I ride for my man in most of his musical endeavors but there is no way that he comes remotely close to what I heard when I listened to Nina. It was as if she was harnessing the power of her ancestors to bring forth this soulful & amazing sound. Mike you lose this one hands down.

Listening to the song had another fantastic affect on me. It reminded me that there is so much music out there that I have yet to listen to and experience. I haven't begun to touch all of Nina's work or a Stevie or a Nirvana for that matter. It also reminded me of how blessed I am to be a part of the creation of fantastic music such is being created by the likes of Janelle Monáe and Deep Cotton. The sound that is being developed with each project is just exquisite. The places it takes me and will take you is incredible. I can say that every time that I think of that fact I feel like I get a brighter perspective on life. I can look forward to tomorrow with an even greater sense of excitement, anticipation and purpose.


So anytime you feel yourself getting down, upset a bit or simply have a free moment. Pause, and think: "I have the first suite of Metropolis and there are still 3 more that will be released. And Deep Cotton has yet to release their album. Thanks God for music." Now isn't it a wondaful day. -Wolfmaster Stank

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home