9.24.2007

Start this **&^$#@^( off right!



I am the official MONDAY GIRL!

Watching one of my favorite movies, "Office Space", I always laugh, but agree when the guy (forget his name) in a nasally voice says, "Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays' (i.e. mad about today being Monday)."

But, I disagree with you nasally, hairy, dirty, crooked, scandalous ole' man. I am HAPPY it's MONDAY!

I had a great weekend... starting with Market Friday! I got a chance to meet and greet my supporters, some new and old, down on Spelman College's campus. :-) Even though I probably had the smallest table out there and did tiny promotion, the beautiful ones managed to find me and "The Chase". I felt very at home. I ate a really good slice of pepperoni pizza (I hope nobody has grease on the Cd I signed).

Saturday afternoon, I was honored to meet about 40 nine-year-old girls! And boy were they brighter than the sun (not to say I thought they weren't smart, but I did think they were gonna carry barbie dolls in their purses and not understand anything I had to say outside of "Lil' Bow Wow"). However, I was wrong and I am sorry girls (since I know you are more than likely a subscriber to this blog and will be reading this).:-) I found out how aware they were of everything going on, after about 10 of em' said, "Tell those rappers to stop disrespecting women on TV and in the videos. Treat us with some respect." One even said, "I want to hear a rapper write a song apologizing for all the bad things he has said about girls." Then a cute little round-faced girl said, "That is just unacceptable."

Their youth did come out when I put on my Cd and watched them dance (I'll upload photos soon)! We danced extra silly together, we hugged, we giggled like mice, we kissed each other's cheeks, we drank lemonade, they wrote me nice letters, I felt like a little bitty girl all over again. I will never forget that day or those remarkable chicas.

I also did something Saturday night that I never do. I actually had a long conversation with two strangers at Japanese restaurant, Nakato. When I am usually there or eating for that matter, the last thing I want to do is talk to a complete stranger. The conversation was very insightful and at times, funny. All along, I was talking to two girls, younger than me, who were Irish housewives for a living. I had never met anybody like these girls before. I hate I didn't have any Cd's to give them. :-(

I don't know if you know this or not, but I am infatuated with dusty thrift stores. I know that sounds gross, but I love finding treasures in these places. I love finding antique vases, gaudy jewelry, old books, vintage jeans, etc. I found an electric guitar, 3 blazers that I just love, and PEACE. I always feel extra peaceful when I step inside the store and when I leave. I don't have to buy a thing. I simply enjoy walking around and smiling at the senior citizens.

Well, recording, writing, and just seeing what this week has to offer will be very eventful! I wonder what interesting things people will do, call and say, and write about?

HEROES is coming on tonight, I gotta get ready... one of my favorites by far.

Your robot girl (as the girls on Saturday call me) is now. signing. out.
(a quick fade follows)

Jane LEE.

FYI, my posts will be very random.

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2007 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Dot Techno Mania said...

YESSSSS! HEROS... It's going to be a good one. It's amazing what those young wemen said to you. My spiritual leader always tells me they will shine brighter than the one's that come before, being born in the age of Aquarius.

AND MONDAYS ROCK! PERIOD.

 
At September 26, 2007 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Adding "Office Space" and "Heroes" to the never-ending list of things kuh reel yuh needs to watch…

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home