1.15.2008

RAts!


I am a true believer in the saying, "Miracles happen everyday, but we are just too blind to see them."

Giving birth, is a miracle I think we, as a society, take for granted since so many babies are born around the clock... every second.

Waking up, is a MIRACLE sometimes even I used to take for granted. I just knew I would be able to do whatever I didn't do today, tomorrow.

Making a heart beat from the stem cells of a baby rat?... Is a miracle.

I didn't think I'd find it right after CNN aired Britney Spears' never ending story, but I did. I almost turned, but it grasped my full attention. I was all in.

Researchers removed, then replaced rat heart cells, and with electrical stimulation the rebuilt heart, started beating.

We may finally be able to help those with heart disease.

This process could help humans needing heart transplants.

Both my grandmothers passed, due to congested heart failure. This actually means something to me and I am sure it means something to this entire planet.

Hopefully, everyone involved will do what's right.

It may not look like a miracle because of it's awful looking aesthetic, but I am certain what I saw, what you see, was and is, miraculous.

Jane.

www.cnn.com

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Dot Techno Mania said...

That's damn cool.
And I do hope we as a society do what's right with it and use it to inrich people with longer lives, and not just being another expensive operation for the medical and insurance industry to get rich off of.

 
At January 16, 2008 at 3:45 PM , Blogger A.E.Joseph said...

I positively agree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home