12.29.2007

OH WAIT!





So I was reading the latest issue of Esquire Magazine at 3am on Saturday (Friday night) and the last thing I read was a section called "What I've Learned." It's where they let various celebrities, politicians, and anybody else who they find interesting tell the readers "what they've learned."

(http://www.esquire.com/features/what-ive-learned/michaeljfox0108)

After reading I tried to go to bed, but I began thinking about what I've learned, specifically this past year. So I started jotting on my phone, and what I came up with was:

The Mighty Mighty Mitch Mitchowski's "What I've Learned: 2007"

-Doing is the remedy for doubting.

-I don't love money. I don't even like money. I actually hate money. I
just want a lot of it so that I no longer have to think about it.

-The more you are, the less it takes.

-It can be done.

-We shouldn't look to the government to save the world, or for anyone
to save the world through government. We should be careful of both
lionizing and demonizing individuals in government and politics. I
know its cliche' but we should BE the change we want to see ourselves.

-I need to improve my posture.

-I love a good book, but, I'd rather actually canoe through the amazon,
deep sea dive, and jump out of a plane than read about it. I'd rather play ball than watch it on TV.

-Things I missed in 2007: writing/creating music daily, practicing my martial arts, and Missy Elliott

-Things I just miss period: speaking Spanish, playing basketball,
drawing/art, and having a girlfriend... (sike!)

-You're not qualified to speak about injustice, racism, classism, or prejudice
anywhere in the world unless you treat EVERY person with whom you come into contact equally and with a consistent level of respect.

-The loudest one is usually always the lamest one. Be cool, folk.

-I really appreciate being from Atlanta

-"LOST" really is a phenomenal show. I watched all three seasons within
a month's time. Thanks Nate 1-der, Janelle, and Delvin!

-As a generation, we're less of men than our fathers and grandfathers.
We're way softer, more materialistic, and less responsible. Too many
factors at blame to name. In a fight between 20 somethings and 50
somethings, my money's on the OG's. This transcends race and background.

-Ah ah ah ah ah I'm an alien from outer space!

-Anger can help motivate to a point, but after that point it becomes
counter-productive. It becomes bitterness and you must let it go to continue to
move forward.

-I don't think I'll ever really care about Hip-Hop music as a whole
again. I see myself just liking a song here and there. Same for mainstream R&B.

-I can show you better than I can tell you, and actually I'd prefer to.

-I got flayverrr!

-Accurate Racial profiling equation for 2007: Dodge Charger=Negro behind the
wheel. Go ahead and pull up next to 'em, I'll wait..... See I told you.

-If it can't be said briefly, it probably doesn't need to be said.

-I hate bickering, but I appreciate argument and debate.

-She has to have some soul, and preferably an accent (southern, country, english, foreign)

-Listen to everyone, but know who you're listening to. Because with some people you should do exactly as they tell you, and with others you should do the exact opposite of what they tell you.

-Nawwww!


Alright y'all, here's to a great Oh Wait! Happy New Year. With Excitivity!


-MMMM

6 Comments:

At December 30, 2007 at 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I need to start chanting that DOING IS THE REMEDY FOR DOUBTING every morning.

I completely agree with the statement about soft, materialistic, irresponsible men. What's up with that??

Great post, Mitchow!

 
At December 30, 2007 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Wolfmaster Wonder said...

Go 4000!

Haha I like this list.

Regarding the soft vs hard men, I think there's a give and take on that one. Fighting is probably overrated. Responsibility isn't. Materialism is probably one of those ebb and flow kind of isms. Remember the wigs folks used to wear a hundred fifty years ago, stockings etc. It's better than gangster rap imho. I think that individualism is a growing trend and men and women are probably getting in touch with their other sides more freely.

 
At December 30, 2007 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Mitchell, a Martian said...

Point well taken Nathaniel. Fighting is indeed overrated. I guess I was trying to speak to our generation's more sedentary lifestyle. Especially since on the whole, I don't think it's being compensated for with intellect. I do admire our generation's entrepreneurial spirit though.

Karelia, I just thought about the fact that most doubts I've ever had were proven invalid once I actually started doing. I still have doubts, but they stem from things I haven't really tried to tackle yet, which is my own fault.

 
At December 31, 2007 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Planetsram said...

Great points Mitch but of all the great comments you made I am with you on placing my bet on the "OG's". I also concur with the loudest one being the lamest one.

 
At December 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Dot Techno Mania said...

This was by far my favorite post of yours Mitch... Very well said, and it's so important to reflect, shit... Why else are we here...The human race is coming slowly back to the middle and starting to remember that our souls are niether male or female.
by 2012 what a Man is isn't going to mean what a man was in 1933. Just like cave men resemble little to us today...

And damn it... let me say. I'be been listening to Janelle's new joint on youtube for the last couple of days or so, and everytime I hear it it damn near brings me to tears. Nate...Those progressions are just plain ridiculous! Alicia keys was trying to go for the whole stevie wonder fell on this last joint and fail miserably. Nate! You do it and I believe you weren't even trying. Who ever had anything to do with that song is so musically gifted, they need not doubt themselves for a moment of time, for that doubt would be the most untrue thought of man to date!

 
At February 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

births statezip experimental homeostatic goyal sahibabad unifying repeatable initiation bilateral deswarte
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home