11.03.2007

You MUST sacrifice to accomplish!

Greetings all,

It's that time again. This one will have to be short and sweet, gotta get ready for a wedding and the wife is sweating me...

Some good things going on for the Wondaland team. I wish I could elaborate...but I can't...in due time loyal readers...in due time.

I found out I won't be in town for Thanksgiving this year, it kind of bummed me out. My whole family is coming to Atlanta including my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I will be on a business trip on that day, so I won't get to see them. But the more I thought about it the happier I got. It's like my fellow Wondalyte Mitchow! said, "You grow up dreaming to play in the NFL, you get drafted and realize you'll be playing on Thanksgiving, Christmas, your child's birthday, etc, but it's all worth it". This trip could be the biggest day in my life to date. The day my dream gets realized...that's a big deal. Some people live their whole lives and never see that day, but here I am at the age of 26, and that opportunity is staring me in the face. It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

There have been a lot of things that I have had to sacrifice in this pursuit of my dream and in being JM's personal manager. I don't see my parents as often as I should, I don't talk to old friends that often, by the time I get home most nights the wife is asleep, so I don't see her that much, I could be working for my Dad and making pretty good money, etc. But the crazy thing is that I wake up everyday happy even though there are a lot of things going on that could make one unhappy. Why is Rico happy about all this? Well friends, because I wake up everyday doing what I want to do and doing what I know is right. I wouldn't change anything in my life right now, yeah I'm struggling a little bit in more ways than one, but when the goal is reached, it will be so much more appreciated.

There have been many times in the past where I was doubting the plan that was laid out for me by the "Man Upstairs", but each time I did, something positive happened and made me realize that everything is going according to schedule. It's hard to explain but it's REAL!

I go to to work at Wondaland everyday with a smile on my face. I might not see my biological family that often, but my Wondaland family isn't too shabby either...;) We laugh, argue, create magic, eat together, play together, just like a family would. And we all have a common goal and are all going through the same things. It's a very comforting feeling when you're not alone.

The moral of the story is that without sacrifice there are no accomplishments...bottom line. You have to work to achieve your dreams. You have to stay positive in life to achieve your dreams. You must have good people around you to achieve your dreams. You dreams becoming a reality is no accident, it's your reward for sacrifice!

I just needed to get these things out of my system and I hope at least one of you takes something from this. I didn't grow up in Bel Air with a white picket fence and a little dog. I grew up in the Bronx with a single mother. I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. I grew up where my mom SACRIFICED her dinner for me because there was only one piece of meat left. So don't let the hand you were dealt be an excuse for not winning, or not achieving your dreams, it's just that...an excuse.

Till next time.

Damn, what happened to short and sweet?

Lord Rico

5 Comments:

At November 3, 2007 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Dot Techno Mania said...

Right on! You've said it all.
But what if you're like Dot and have nothing to lose? Nothing to sacrifice but everything to gain.
Some people think it's sacrificial not to have rims on their H3.

 
At November 5, 2007 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"…I wake up everyday doing what I want to do and doing what I know is right. I wouldn't change anything in my life right now…"

Well said, Rico.

I feel you on the whole "coulda been doing this or that or whatever." I left my prior situation at a time that was less than desirable, but I had to do what I thought was right—and most importantly—what made me HAPPY.

Hopefully someday, I can be just like you*…with a big smile on my face everyday as I get to work.


*just-like-you claim pertains only to explicitly stated expression. Does not imply said person wants in any way, shape, or form to otherwise be like Lord Disassembler…because that would be regrettable. :-)

 
At November 5, 2007 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That great... It inspired me.

 
At November 5, 2007 at 3:55 PM , Blogger A.E.Joseph said...

Oh wow. You really did a great job expressing yourself. Real Talk.

Lol @ Kuh Reel Yuh's statment. Too funny.

 
At November 6, 2007 at 12:21 AM , Blogger filthygomez said...

i can relate in more ways than one. working in this business leads to MANY but at the end of the day its so worth it because we get to work with music that we genuinely believe in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home