5.23.2007

Kleenex anyone?

Yeah, so I am officially sick. Literally, I feel like crap. All this happened within less than 24 hours. It totally SUCKS. My body aches, my glands feel swollen, my head is aching only on one side, my nose is running, jut a mess. I really hate getting sick as I know the rest of you probably do as well. I believe it could have come from my cousin BRITTANY (I am telling on you), Roman, or swimming when it wasn't that hot out or just good ole' germs from the world. Thank God I don't have any gigs this week.

I remember I had to perform when I had the flu for the BIG BOI PRESENTS...GOT PURP?: Vol. 2 album release party at Club 1150. Everybody was there too, Cee-lo, Jazzy Pha, Puffy or Diddy, Dallas Austin, just a lot of people in the music industry from Atlanta, a huge crowd, and I thought I was gonna completely pass out on stage. I had to perform "Lettin' Go!" and that song requires a lot of energy to pull off. But, I was kinda proud of myself, I believe that was prob. one of my best performances of "Lettin'g GO!" to date. I was so scared I was gone mess up, I started thinking like a super-hero who is trying to save a little boy from getting hit by a car. There was no other option, but to SAVE that little freckled faced boy! God was with me though.

Anywho, I went to The Roots concert at Fever last night and had the pleasure of meeting ?uestlove. He is really a great person. I got that from him within the first 10 seconds. You can totally tell that he has not lost himself while being apart of a very successful band all these years or the music industry. It really lets me know that there are still genuinely cool people making music and that you totally don't have to act like a divo or diva to get respect. Just BE...


Well, I have to eat now.

1 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Dot Techno Mania said...

It is crap when your sick! Sometimes it leaves you wondering why we have to go through these types of sufferings! But I feel as though you will be all patched up in no time.
Have you been stressed and running around lately? Too much stuff on your plate? Not meditating and regrouping your energy?

Man I tell ya...I just got out of a situation like that. I had a really bad tonsil infection and I was in the Hospital for 3 weeks! And I lost like 12 pounds and God knows I look like one of those life sized cardboard cut outs! It was cold because earlier that month God was telling me to slow down and take time to meditate! Hard headed me didn't listen.
I couldn't record. i couldn't sing, I could barely get out of bed. It was crazy. But when i came out of that funk I was renewed not only in my body but in my mind and spirit.

If I were where you are I would make you some home made chicken noodle soup and tea...lets get back to 100000% Janelle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home