11.08.2007

Growth



So I was talking to Chuck Lightning yesterday before a meeting and we had a moment that we often find ourselves engaging in. He brought up one of my favorite songs of all time and then we decided to play it. Man this song brought forward so many memories that we instantly burst into song and an 80's/90's dance for an hour. This song was the perfect teacher for the transition that I was making at the time into a young man. I learned so much from its to verses and its hooks that when I really think about it I realize that I still refer to it to this very day. It was also, simply put, just great R&B. Its lyrics stated that "growing up can be a pain you're not a man until you come of age". I learned form that song that its the pain that challenges us to be better beings. Just as plants must struggle to break the soil to reach the light we must go through our own challenges to grow. At times it was a hard lesson to learn but others weren't so bad.

If you haven't viewed the video you may be asking what's the song...its New Edition's song Boys to Men. Man this song just takes me to a time when we still had really dope R&B acts. Acts that would commit to the record with sweat, blood and tears. Where have those artists gone? Did hip hop eat up R&B? These are some real questions that we should try to find real answers to because I want another Bobby Brown or Troop. Maybe this R&B drought is another "pain" or challenge that we must face to get to that next level of R&B. Either way I hope that we get there soon.

3 Comments:

At November 8, 2007 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this my is my jam!!

love johnny on this...

jstngry.

 
At November 8, 2007 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I definately feel you on this one. The type of R&B that just had you out in the middle of the living room floor as young boy trying to dance and sing to the music. You remember that "if it isn't love" by new edition.... man I had the whole dance down... but anyway we do need a new class of R&B, just un-emotional nowadays...

bubz- 1st class ent.

 
At September 28, 2016 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

jianbin0928
adidas nmd
coach outlet online
true religion sale
cheap nike shoes sale
ray-ban sunglasses
omega outlet
burberry outlet
louis vuitton replica
nike trainers
michael kors factory outlet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home